Friday, August 21, 2009

Crossword Puzzles: Posted by Harry

Every weekend Sally and I tackle the NYT Crossword Puzzle. It's a labor of love and best when we work on it jointly. Sally is more skilled at crosswords than I am, and normally she will get the majority of clues, though I do my share and make some key contributions. It's best when we can sit down and solve the puzzle together. Two heads are better than one (at least in this case). Often, however, we are interrupted by weekend chores. I may start the puzzle, and then Sally will pick it up, and then she'll set the puzzle aside, and I'll resume when there's time --- or vice versa --- the order doesn't seem to matter, but maybe it does. Sally is more adept at filling in clues on first try, whereas I'm not at her level so I often require a letter or two in order to get the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment