Friday, September 16, 2011

Return of the Small Dog

Posted by Sally

My younger child, in addition to turning TWENTY, has returned to college for her second year, and her Moose -


- has returned to charm us all (except for the cats) and to challenge Harry's dog for Yapping Champion of 2011.

I've missed him, although I can't say I've missed waking up at daybreak to stagger outside to "walk" him. He does more barking than anything else out there and not infrequently has to be reminded of the actual purpose of the exercise. My favorite mornings are those we encounter my neighbor walking his matched Harlequin Danes. . .very well-behaved Harlequin Danes, and did I mention that Moose weighs 6.5 pounds? Which would make a modest snack for a Great Dane and there are TWO of them? The neighbor is too polite to snicker, the Danes regard Moose indulgently with pricked ears and gentle expressions, while incredulous bystanders get a real kick out of a furiously angry Pomeranian challenging not one but two enormous dogs to a duel.

But he does have charm -





And now, a blog of his own: Moose Puppy Tales.

1 comment: