Friday, September 4, 2009

September - Labor Day and Birthdays, etc.

Had dinner last night with Sally and her daughters at a new and fairly hip diner in the Northern Liberties section of Philadelphia. Sally's daughters were lovely and witty and fun to be with. The dinner was good, perfect diner fries, and I even courted cholesterol risk and had a piece of cheesecake for dessert.

Waiting for the weekend to begin. Work is extremely slow today but at least I'm working from home. I have two hours left until the start not only of a long holiday weekend with Sally, but a vacation week with her as well. Our aspirations: 1. Spend one romantic evening at the seashore and enjoy a lobster dinner; 2. Get all of our junk ready for the big Media town-wide yard sale next Saturday; 3. Celebrate Sallie's youngest daughter's 18th birthday next Friday. Sallie's youngest daughter will also be helping Sallie and I sell our old junk next Saturday while we are out foraging at our neighbors in hopes of finding new junk!

September is a big month for birthdays. My youngest son and daughter will have a birthday on Tuesday, September 8 (yes, twins). They will be 19. And my youngest niece turns 24 on September 17. I will write more about my twins' birthday on their birthday or soon after.

My other son, who is 22, is starting his last semester of college and will graduate with a BA in December (Hallelujah!). My youngest son is attending the same college, sophomore year. My daughter will hopefully be starting within the year. Sallie's daughter, who is a HS senior this year and highly ranked in her class, is checking out a number of very good schools in different regions of the country. I wish her the best. I know she'll make a good choice.

More to come when my thought processes are less fatigued....

***

No comments:

Post a Comment