Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Third Floor - Second Thoughts - Posted by Harry

Over this past weekend I painted the third floor and Sally and I laid a new rug up there. We have a stuffed chair and end table to add and we are looking for a small dresser.

But as Sally had mentioned in her previous post, there probably isn't any heat. I am going to check now. Be right back....

Yep, there is no heat delivery to the room on the third floor, so in realtor's terms, this can not be considered a 4-Br. It doesn't mean that the room still could not be heated, and the heat would rise in the winter so it may get partially warm up there anyway. Nonetheless, it makes the room/floor less desirable as a rental. Like our missing the absence of a dishwasher, here is another thing that Sally and I have overlooked. It doesn't detract from how we feel about the house. We love our house.

But even without this discovery, I was beginning to have second thoughts about renting the room on the third floor. I really love the space and Sally loves the space too, and we could use it for ourselves. Having grown up in a small house where I didn't even have access to a second floor, I was always drawn to upper floors, especially because the world looked quite different from upstairs windows --- a feeling that piqued my childhood imagination and one that has never really left me.

Although money is tight and relief possibly still anywhere from a month to several months away, I don't believe we could rent the space for the amount we originally intended, if we can rent it at all.

Hopefully Sally and I plan on being married in late October. We have a few hard months ahead of us. We are in love all times of the day, but those 4AM groggy hugs and murmurs are especially sweet. Hang in there Darling. I will too.

1 comment:

  1. Well, perhaps this all means that you are not meant to rent the room and something else will turn up. We don't have a dishwasher either, haven't had one in 40 years.

    ReplyDelete