Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful

I'm thankful for my beautiful and healthy daughters and their loving, supportive relationship with one another.

I'm thankful for this lovely and comfortable house, for all the critters that share it with us, even the dogs who drive me crazy a lot of the time.

I'm thankful that my mom is doing well, and my sister is doing as well as she can, and that my little brother is the brilliant and sensitive businessman, father and husband that he is. That he loves and cares for me even though that is not always easy.

Most of all this particular Thanksgiving I am thankful for my Harry, who tells me I am beautiful and hugs me whenever he can, whose kisses are still and always magic, who loves and cares for me and all the people important to him, who doesn't get angry when I am sulky or difficult, and who tells me over and over how much he loves me. It is balm for my mother-neglected, poorly married and still evolving self.

Everyone should have a Harry in her life.

2 comments:

  1. I have my Harry, aren't we so very blessed? We both have so much to be thankful for! I've been wondering where you are! I hope you are having a blessed and joyful Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Ginny,

    I've been cooking! I have been reading blogs, just not writing any; I hope you and your Harry are better now.

    ReplyDelete