Monday, November 1, 2010

RED

Even before I saw the trailer - Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, John Malkovich and Helen Mirren - I was so there. (I also like Mary Louise Parker, though she's not in the I'll-see-anything-she's-in category) So, as opposed to putting it in our Netflix queue, Harry and I actually went out to see a movie.

It was good, loony fun. I'm not generally a fan of shootem-ups but this was so over the top I forgot to hide my eyes and just giggled.

Helen Mirren, explaining wet work: "I kill people, Deah." (deprecating shrug))

J0hn Malkovich, paranoid par excellence:

Bruce: "Why are you trying to kill me?"
John, patiently reasonable: "Because the last time we met you tried to kill me>"
Bruce: "That was a LONG time ago"

Well, you had to be there.

I think it must be one of the benefits of being a mega movie star to be able to do something as out of character (I mean Clint Eastwood with a machine gun, sure; but Helen Mirren? Wearing a long, Christ-like robe and combat boots?)

Highly recommended by Sally. Even for Merchant-Ivory, Thousand Eyes Cinema devotees.

2 comments:

  1. The name of this movie is "Red"? I've never heard of it!! But I am a huge Merchant-Ivory fan! Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harry said: Another thumbs up for "Red" for the same reasons.

    ReplyDelete