Monday, November 16, 2009

Follow Up to "Amelia Indeed" Posted by Harry

As a follow up to Sally's marital post, I was going to write about my own marital experience, but for now I want to take it easy (it's Monday after all) and talk about last night, and movies, etc. Way too much to ignore.

Sally's synopis of our conversation last night is brilliant. It really irked me that I could not remember (or either of us could remember) the last movie we had seen at BMFI (which was only a mere several weeks ago), though I could certainly tell you where and when I saw "Exterminating Angel", or "Apu Trilogy" or "Grand Illusion", or even "The Graduate" (I confess I was only 15) for the first time. The movie was "Julie and Julia" (or was it "Jules and Jim?" - No). At any rate, we had both enjoyed "Julie and Julia", but unfortunately "Ameila" was a movie we didn't enjoy a whole lot. No offense to Hilary Swank, who is a favorite of Harry's, who is now talking about himself in the third person!

I intend to fill in the gaps on the books and movies list. Sally and I agreed that it would be a futile and epic list if we covered all the books and movies we'd known prior to meeting, so I will stick with what we've both seen and read together since the miracle date of 12/4/2007 (do DVDs count? They're good enough for The Times) and may throw in the Leonard Cohen concert (a thoroughly transcendent show for me) for a little variation. Please indulge me --- I'm in the last quarter of my 50s. Not all the synapses fire like they used to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment