Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Harry's Picture

So I have this new job, which after my recent experiences in the world of the un- and newly-employed I refuse to take for granted at least until the 90 probation period is over. For that reason I vowed that I would not bring plants, personal desk ornaments or (god forbid) art for the walls of "my" office here until they do something that convinces me they REALLY want me here, like offering me health insurance or favorable review, or a raise... It was just too awful when the job I had for a scant two months last spring evaporated and I had to lug all that stuff home on the train. . .this time haven't even changed my computer desktop picture.

I did however sneak in a small picture of Harry, which I have put where no one but me can see it. It's my favorite picture (almost only) picture of Harry, taken in our kitchen. He's looking over his reading glasses at me with the bluest, bluest eyes you ever saw.

It makes me smile twenty times a day.


(posted by Sally)

1 comment: