Sunday, November 1, 2009

Talk: Posted by Harry

I wanted to post a brief thought before I lose it. Yesterday I was telling Sally about some issues I was having around my ex, and some of the problems that occasionally (but too often for a divorced person) arise. Sally always listens to me and offers her thoughts in a way that isn't judgmental or annoyed. She has this amazing capacity to sum up problems, or to get to the heart of the matter. This is something that I admire and respect about her, and just another quality of hers that makes me love her beyond description.

I tend to get more emotional about human interactions, relationships, close interactions of any kind, and my anger and depression is sometimes a source of confusion to me. But even when we fight, Sally has a way of staying in control even while letting me know she's very upset, and that communicating, expressing herself so clearly, eventually brings me around to my senses.

But the real subject here is just the way in which Sally listens. Her answers or observations show me the depth of her love, her caring and understanding. I've never experienced anything like this in a relationship before --- It's beautiful. Sally is equally wise in her head and her heart. She is brilliant intellectually, but also spiritual and deeply loving, and she is an amazing source of strength to me. Sally is beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment