Wednesday, October 21, 2009

We Will Always Help One Another: by Harry

Thank You, Sally. I know you would do it for me. I feel a kind of boundless caring in our relationship, and also with caring, and dealing with the day-to-day, and helping you get through a hard time, I feel the depth of my love for you. One could say, "Well, you might do something similar for a friend," and that is true, but friends aren't together 7x24, and I do feel a deep friendship for you too, that's part of what we have. But we also share having come through rough (or at times, rough) marriages and break ups and disappointments, and then finding each other on the other side of divorce, and suddenly feeling incredibly blessed in our love.

And we've never quite decided whether it would have been this way for us three decades ago if we had met back then, or whether we have gained an appreciation of one another because of our experience. I know I am extremely physically attracted to Sally, and that certainly would have been a factor in our 20s and 30s, but I'm not sure if either of us would have had the wisdom? the understanding? at that time to manage all the vagaries, and the ups and downs of a relationship, or perhaps fully appreciate the love we have. We may never know the answer, but we have NOW, and NOW is the best....

No comments:

Post a Comment