Monday, October 19, 2009

PS by Sally

My last post (about my (ENDLESS) period of being unemployed) was VERY hard for me to write.

But I can't excuse a major omission.

All the time I was biting my nails, scanning craigslist and generally going mad - my darling Harry was not only footing the entire bill for our existence, he was also making my car payments, buying me festive dinners, books, underpants, bracelets, shampoo; whatever I said I needed.

He pretended that this was no big deal. (I know he has his fears a about his own job/career) But still he gazed at me lovingly every morning, greeted me with enthusiasm whenever we were parted for an hour or more, kissed me passionately at intervals - and never once blamed me or asked me to account for, or promise, anything.
I'd leave go on interviews, and he always held me tightly, kissed my ear and said "I want you to get this job. I am praying for you. I will love you no matter what happens."

He wasn't just keeping me from living in a cardboard box, he singlehandedly supported my life for me. No one, not even my mother, has ever in my life taken such good,trusting and loving care of me.


I love you, Harry.

(Posted by Sally)

No comments:

Post a Comment