Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Working. ..

Harry and I both work many hours these days. The kids, his and mine; are on trajectories of their own.

While we strive to keep up with both them and our own (putative) CAREERS.

My own recent five months of unemployment drives me: while Harry's recent changes to his work week beguile and (I think) charm him into (kinda, sorta) liking a job he has long hated.

Anyway, both of us work long hours now - we get up at 6 am and return to the fold at 8 or 9 pm. Then we kiss,talk and drink wine: but are both too tired to do much else.

What does that mean for our romantic (initiative, imperative) to lie in one another's others' arms in the dawn; to wake, recount dreams; & to fuck in the morning?

Just what you might expect.

We wake in the morning and we kiss and then we get up and do what we need to do.

I adore Harry & know he adores me.

This is not the life I imagined, but - I can't imagine life without Harry.

No comments:

Post a Comment