Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A House - Continued: Posted by Harry

I just caught Sally's post about a new house. We are both very excited. Yesterday I made a down payment and an offer on what could be our new house. I had pre-approved credit for the loan amount. Hopefully the seller will accept my offer with not a great deal of haggling and negotiation.

It's a lovely house, and without the X-ray vision of a home inspection, it appears to be in need of little work and ready for moving into. I think Sally and I would be immoderately happy in this house.

Yes, I guess because of my last experience with home ownership and finally selling a home in June of 2008, I hadn't been paying careful enough attention to the developments in the housing market that really helps buyers --- especially interest rates, and falling prices. Although house prices may continue to fall, I think that the present is the right time, and frankly Sally and I have worn out living in an overpriced rental for nearly two years with no hope of ownership and a landlord who nickels and dimes us over every minor repair needed on this house. Not to mention we need more space. We need more space. Am I repeating myself? We need more space.

Sally and I have been watching a lot of HGTV on cable. I guess we now have the correct mindset ;-) for being new homeowners ourselves.

Please, Dear God, make this happen. Please...

To be continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment